DAFC.net
Home 13 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Reserve home games
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 18:15

Why do we play all our reserve games at Spartans ground. Especially Tuesday no games at eep for the rest of the season you`d think they would play it at EEP.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Reserve home games
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 18:18

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Sat 27 Apr 18:15

Why do we play all our reserve games at Spartans ground. Especially Tuesday no games at eep for the rest of the season you`d think they would play it at EEP.

Will we possibly play reserve games at Rosyth next season ,providing they have changing facilities
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 18:29

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Sat 27 Apr 18:15

Maybe there`s a contract in place?

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 7000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 19:08

I can understand why they don`t play at EEP as the pitch hasn`t been in the best of shapes this season but I would like to see them playing on grass.I honestly don`t think playing on astro regularly is good for you.I have played on Ainslie Park a few times and it isn`t the worst but I wouldn’t want to play on it every week.

There has been a lot of talk recently in the women`s game about the high number of ACL injuries, it wouldn’t surprise me if this was because they play a high proportion of their games on a harder surface.

I just did a bit of research there and found a study last year that found athletes playing regularly on an artificial surface are about 1.6 more likely to get such an injury.I wouldn’t be surprised if more studies were done and it was banned for competitive matches in the future.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 19:21

Quote:

parathletic, Sat 27 Apr 19:08

I can understand why they don`t play at EEP as the pitch hasn`t been in the best of shapes this season but I would like to see them playing on grass.I honestly don`t think playing on astro regularly is good for you.I have played on Ainslie Park a few times and it isn`t the worst but I wouldn’t want to play on it every week.

There has been a lot of talk recently in the women`s game about the high number of ACL injuries, it wouldn’t surprise me if this was because they play a high proportion of their games on a harder surface.

I just did a bit of research there and found a study last year that found athletes playing regularly on an artificial surface are about 1.6 more likely to get such an injury.I wouldn’t be surprised if more studies were done and it was banned for competitive matches in the future.

I`m just thinking we obviously will have to pay to play there when there are other facilities closer to our base.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 21:06

I used to like going to reserve games a few years back and seeing how the team appreciated the fans on Tuesday night at Livingston, it has to be hoped that the Board would consider playing the reserves nearer Dunfermline for next season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bouncer  
Date:   Tue 30 Apr 14:26

Playing today at Ainslie Park v Airdrie.
Not been able to get along today due to other commitments but score is 1-1 after 65mins.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 30 Apr 14:44

played a fair bit at Kelty couple of seasons back

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 30 Apr 14:48

Interesting team today; neither Sutherland brother included :-

DUNFERMLINE: Max Little, Conley Adamson, Sam Young (c), John Tod, Jake Rennie, Freddie Rowe, Michael Beagley, Liam Hoggan, Andrew Tod, Liam Middleton, Mark Beveridge
SUBS: Jay Snoddy, Leo Evans, Lucas Fyfe, Kyle Davidson, Daniel Bell

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Apr 14:55

It ended 2-1 for the Pars with goals from Andrew Tod and Lucas Fyfe. We ended up 7th in the League.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Apr 17:15

Jake Sutherland and Euan McLeod not involved because they are both playing for Crossgates tonight.
Jake scored for them on Saturday.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Apr 17:39

Cheers, Bouncer. Maybe Taylor`s being saved for Ayr on Friday night!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Apr 22:31

McPake said in hospitality on Saturday that Taylor will be involved this Friday.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 May 11:33

I was talking to an Inverness fan at my work about Holmes and how bad he is. They said that they need to play pepple who is on loan from an English side or they have to pay his full wages which is 60 percent more than if they bring him on or start him. Maybe similar agreement with with Holmes as he doesn`t look any better than Sutherland.

Ironically Inverness looked more dangerous when pepple came on.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 May 11:45

I was at a dinner where McPake said he would never take a player on loan if the lending club laid down conditions regarding his selection.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Wed 1 May 13:27

Arabim Pepple known as Bim I was impressed with him when he came on.
Got 20 minutes two shots one goal was born in Leicester moved to Canada when he was five.
Capped at under 17 by Canada signed by Luton Town in 2022.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LesliePar  
Date:   Wed 1 May 19:18

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 1 May 11:45

I was at a dinner where McPake said he would never take a player on loan if the lending club laid down conditions regarding his selection.

Can`t see any other reason for Holmes even getting a sniff, he`s hopeless and Sutherland can`t be any worse.

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 May 19:53

Holmes has hardly featured enough to suggest McPake has responded to pressure from Blackpool to play him. There are far too many conspiracy theories on here with no foundation other than speculation.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Thu 2 May 08:53

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 1 May 19:53

Holmes has hardly featured enough to suggest McPake has responded to pressure from Blackpool to play him. There are far too many conspiracy theories on here with no foundation other than speculation.

As much as I don’t believe the theory, I’m sure he’s played in almost every game since he arrived, bar maybe 2/3. So I certainly wouldn’t say he hasn’t featured enough. Must have made 12/13 appearances, despite never looking capable of adding anything to the team.

I think Holmes was just a misjudged panic signing that hasn’t worked out. I’d have preferred us to give the likes of Taylor Sutherland game time ahead of him. But the manager obviously just didn’t think it was the right time. But if Sutherland isn’t ready, changing the shape/system would make more sense than bringing Holmes on - from what I’ve seen anyway.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 May 10:13

I think you`re right that Holmes was just one of those signings that didn`t work out, par-91. I don`t think we`d managed to sign Kane at that point so there may have been an element of panic about it. Sometimes the most obvious explanation is the right one. As a matter of interest I checked his stats and he has made 12 appearances but only started one game. In total he`s been on the park for 301 minutes.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Thu 2 May 11:52

Think you could put Benjamin into the same category with that too Eck

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 May 12:14

Possibly, TAFKA. I think Comrie may have suffered an injury after he was signed and MWH came in right away and took precedence over him.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net